Hullo! I'm Sharon.
As a designer, I strive to be socially responsible by...
- conducting in-depth research of relevant contexts, phenomena, and users
- recognizing that not all problems are design problems
- understanding the potential impact of my work
- acknowledging that I am human, and therefore, fallible
A bit about me
I studied Communication Design and minored in Professional Writing at Carnegie Mellon. After continuing my education with a Master's in Social Design (MASD) at MICA, I became a founding member and Lead Designer of emocha Mobile Health Inc. I then went on to do research, strategy, and UX at a design agency called Tomorrow, where I worked for two years.
My creative approach is empathetic, methodical, and dense with information (INTJ). I love listening to people and hearing their stories. When faced with wicked problems I tackle them by diagramming and processing piece by piece. I analyze issues from a variety of angles, synthesize complexity, and determine the most strategic, beneficial, and human-centered designs.
Quotes that inspire
"A sustainable society is one that satisfies its needs without diminishing the prospects of future generations"
– Lester Brown of the Worldwatch Institute
"The only important thing about design is how it relates to people. "
– Victor Papanek in Design For The Real World: Human Ecology and Social Change
Creatives I admire