Design influences the way societies function.
As a social designer, I strive to be socially responsible by...
- conducting in-depth research of relevant contexts, phenomena, and users
- recognizing that not all problems are design problems
- understanding the potential impact of my work
- acknowledging that I am human, and therefore, falliable
- working hard
When I'm not thinking about social design I like to dabble in other things, like illustration and motion graphics. Outside of the studio I enjoy road trips, globetrotting, and writing.
"The only important thing about design is how it relates to people. "
– Victor Papanek in Design For The Real World: Human Ecology and Social Change
"A sustainable society is one that satisfies its needs without diminishing the prospects of future generations"
– Lester Brown of the Worldwatch Institute
Creatives I admire: Karin Fong, Rebekah Cox , Alicia Cheng